Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Departure From The Normal Blogs - Ruger Rimfire Challenge

When I started this blog 4 months ago, I really had no idea how much work and time would go into the creation of the content that goes into the posts.  I know there are many bloggers that just repost the content of others they happen to find interesting.  I've had some of them point people to my blog and I appreciate that.  My goal was to only post my own created content in my blog so it's become increasingly difficult to find the time to make fresh posts.

All in all, to be sitting at almost 22,000 views in 4 months is pretty exciting.  I've also received a bunch of emails from blog readers letting me know they appreciated the information I was able to provide.  Since I'm not "sponsored" or ad supported, this is the payoff for me.  It's nice to be appreciated.

I've still got a ton of ideas for new blog posts, but again it's just difficult to find the time to do the work needed to create quality posts.  They will get done, but it's just taking longer than I had originally anticipated.

I was in a gun store the other day and overheard two people talking about the Ruger Rimfire Challenge.  They said there was going to be a local match in the area.  I couldn't wait to get back to the house and find out more about it.  As it turns out, the match is scheduled for October 22 and it's less than 10 miles away.  I've decided that I need to take part in this event.  I've got all the gear and plenty of ammo on hand so why not take advantage of the opportunity.

I've got 3 weeks to get my gear in order and get some quality practice time in.  Along the way I need to decide on which classes I'm going to shoot, which .22s I'm going to use, read through the rules, spend some time learning the course of fire.  I also need to get my match registration sent off to the event sponsors to secure my spot for the event.  Doing all this will probably consume most of my free time over the next 3 weeks so I'll be updating the blog with my progress as we count down to competition day.

Ideally, I would like to give a run down on the competition and the event sponsors/coordinators after the event has happened.  Competitions can be daunting for many folks.  I've done a fair share of competitive shotgunning in the ATA previously.  I've also shot a few dozen local IDPA and .22 fun shoots at a local range.  This event promises fun for everyone and is advertised as a family type event.  I'm anxious to see if this ends up being true.

I went out to WeatherTrends360 to check the weather forecast for the event and it told me partly cloudy and highs in the low 70's for the day so we should have good weather for the event.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck in the shoot! And Thanks for the Blog! I appreciate all the useful information you provide and look forward to new posts!

    ReplyDelete