Monday, October 17, 2011

Heizer Updates Their Website

This morning I got word through my blog comments that Heizer updated their website with a whole bunch of new info on the DOUBLETAP.  Updated Heizer Firearms Website 10-17-2011  They now have the real dimensions up and I was close on the height and width, but the length was way off.  They are putting 3 inch barrels on the DOUBLETAP so my guess wasn't even close.  The full published specs are interesting because now we see 9mm will also be offered along with the 45 ACP.  Not sure if both frames will be available for both calibers.  3.9" is exactly the same height as the Kahr P380 so that's one point of reference.  Nothing I know of is .665" thin.  The Kel Tec P32 comes closest at .75".  The Diamondback DB9 is 5.6" long so there's one more point of reference.  14 oz empty weight jumps to 17 oz when you add 4 rounds of 230 grain FMJ ammo.  Availability in early 2012.  I'm still interested
 
DoubleTap™ Specifications:
Caliber
Weight
Width
Length
Height
Barrel
Frame
MSRP
.45 ACP, 9MM
14 oz Titanium (empty)
.665 inches
5.5 inches
3.9 inches
3.0 inches
Titanium or Aluminum
TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment