Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Long Day - Ruger Rimfire Challenge

We started with the Shooter's Meeting this morning at 8:00am.  I finally pulled out of the parking lot at 6:30pm tonight.  What an awesome day of shooting.  I really can't say enough good things about the match today.  It was a great experience for me and it reminds me of all the good things I miss about competitive shooting and the people you meet and compete with at events like this.

I saw a preliminary score sheet for the Pistol event, but the Rifle event probably won't be out until tomorrow via email so for now I'll just say that I am tickled to death with my Pistol standings considering the field of shooters that attended the event.  Rifle gave me some problems due to my equipment.  I'm really disappointed in my Ruger SR-22.  I don't think the trigger was resetting properly when firing at high speed.

So rather than dwell on the negative, I'm focusing on the positive.  Here's a short video that pretty much summarizes my experience today ,which was constant and measurable improvement.  Just in case you don't hear the RO call out the times, they were 6.62, 5.56, and 4.72.  I had shaved almost 2 seconds off my time after only 3 runs.    


I've got a big day planned around another hobby tomorrow so I'll do a full event recap once I have the final scores.  I'm off to bed with the echos of ringing steel still rattling around in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment