Saturday, December 3, 2011

Diamondback DB9 Frame Pin Replacement

If you've been following the blog, you may remember that I reported on an issue with one of the frame pins walking out of the frame during firing on my DB9.  It turns out that I wasn't alone and many other owners reported the same issue.  We've all been waiting on Diamondback to come up with a solution to this problem that didn't involve the application of blue loctite or some other adhesive.  My try at applying loctite didn't work out so well and I never did get the problem pin to stay put.


The good folks at Diamondback Firearms let us know on Monday of this week that knurled pins were now available in the Diamondback on-line store.  Ordering the pins was pretty simple, but did require that I set up an account with the store even though the pins are shipped out free of charge. 

I really wanted to get out and shoot my Savage Scout today, but I got rained out.  The postman delivered my replacement pins today so I shot a live video of me going through the process of replacing the old pins with the new set from Diamondback.  It's a pretty simple process and shouldn't give you any difficulty.  Now I just need to get out to the range and see how well the new pins hold.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the very informative video. Looks pretty easy to do.

    ReplyDelete