Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jack Is Back

To continue on with the 24 analogy, I've decided to come back in.  I received some really positive feedback that I should reconsider my decision to go dark on the blog.  After thinking about it for a day, I went ahead and paid up for a month of Photobucket Pro.  So things are going back to normal for the next 29 days or so.  I'm just going to have to suck it up and get a heavily discounted 2 year Photobucket Pro membership and put this little speed bump behind me.

In truth, I enjoy working on the blog and videos.  Probably not as much as doing the testing and shooting I'm documenting through the blog, but enough to keep it going.  The fact that others see value in the blog is a big win for me.  I guess I'm just lucky to have access to some great testing facilities and equipment that others may not have.  If they can get some value from my reports, then that's just great and all the more reason to keep things rolling along.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I really appreciate it.  Brian, thanks very much for your most generous contribution.  I'll funnel that to the Photobucket renewal next month.



So earlier today I got a peek at something new from Boberg that I would like to share with you.  Feast your peepers on this little jewel.

     
It's a prototype, but I think it's pretty darn sexy.  With a bit more encouragement, I bet Arne could make it even more black if everyone wheedles him enough.  The Boberg forum is abuzz with folks thinking up names for the Boberg Noir.  No word on availability as this prototype was just completed today and must undergo some rigorous testing to see if the finish holds up with use.  In my eyes, I like this look better than the original balanced two tone.  Even if we only get a black slide and the current components stay "in the white" it's still a step in the right direction.


I guess I should mention that I recast 3 blocks of SIM-TEST this week so I'll be back at ballistics testing this weekend.  I've got my eye on some .32 JHPs from Fiocchi and Corbon as well as some new .380 to test.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Thanks for making a return, I look forward to reading your posts to come. As far as the Boberg, I personally prefer the 2 tone look, butI know lots of guys like the all black look.

    ReplyDelete