Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sig Sauer P938 - Sneak Peek at My First Ever Sig


I managed to sneak away from my desk for lunch today and pick up my first ever Sig.  I've been waiting for this one to hit the distributors for months.  The prospect of a small, light-weight, single action 9mm was just too much to resist and I'm willing to be a beta tester if it means I get to own one now instead of a year from now.

I'll be giving it the standard Pocket Guns and Gear proof test over the next several days so if you follow the blog, expect to see some daily updates.  For now I will just say that it's absolutely perfect in every way.   While it is small, it appears that Sig has lavished the P938 with all the quality and features expected of this brand.  I am busting at the seams to get out and shoot this thing.

If you are wondering about size, it's sitting on a box of 9mm Silvertips.


I found the time to do the unboxing video tonight, but it's taking forever to upload to YouTube.  I initially thought I would do a quick 5 to 10 minute video.  I couldn't stop rambling and ended up with over 24 minutes of raw video that I trimmed down to 16 minutes in the final edit.  I guess I had more to talk about than I originally thought I did.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed watching your review of the Sig Sauer even though I'm not a 1911 fan. My only comment is that demonstrating the black gun on top of a black desk pad made it difficult to see. The yellow would have worked better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. I need a generic white or lighter colored work pad. I had some problems with lighting last night and thought about ditching the pad, but the work surface is highly reflective. Always room for improvement and I appreciate the feedback.

      Delete