Sunday, May 18, 2014

Dude, What's Up With Your Blog?


I can't believe Pocket Guns and Gear turns three years old this month.  It's been incredibly fulfilling to watch the blog grow, and receive Reader feedback that information on the blog was helpful for them.  I'd like to thank you all for reading, and send out special thanks to the people and companies that have directly contributed to support the blog over the last three years.  A running list of blog Supporters can be found on this page.

Even though most of the blog posts focus on ammunition testing, the most popular posts are the gun reviews.  If that's the case, you may be wondering why I don't do more gun reviews and less ammo tests.  I have to buy or borrow the guns I review, so you can see how doing many gun reviews would get expensive for me in the long haul.

You may have noticed that I haven't done a gun review since the DoubleTap 45 last August.  It's true that I have not published a gun review on the blog since August, but I have been reviewing guns.  Last September, I was approached by GunsAmerica about doing freelance reviews for their blog.  I've had the fantasy of being a gun writer since the 90's so I jumped on the opportunity.  It's been a great experience for me and has really pushed me to up my game with my reviews.  I've added links to the GunsAmerica reviews I've done on this page.

The lead photo for this blog post has the Glock 42 and Glock 29 Gen4 that will be the next guns reviewed on this blog.  The Glock 42 review is just about wrapped up and should be published in the next few weeks.  The G29 is a new arrival that hasn't been out on the range yet, but I'm really looking forward to comparing the biggest and the smallest of the Glock sub-compacts.

Ammunition testing will continue in the coming year.  I really appreciate all the offers to send in ammunition for testing.  Last year I accepted donations from January to March.  I was still publishing test results from those donations in March of this year.  I stopped accepting donations because I realized I only have time for one or two tests per week and I have this accumulation of ammunition that I've personally purchased for testing.


Some of this has been tested before, but 90% of it is stuff I have not tested.  Those with keen eyes will pick out the newly added .223/5.56, 12 Gauge, and .17 HMR that will be showing up in future tests.

I'm really looking forward to another great year with the blog.  It should be the best year ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment