Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Size Matters - Pocket Auto Size Comparison Chart


One of the perks of running this blog is frequent interaction with the folks that watch the videos and read the blog posts.  One type of question I'm frequently asked is to compare the size, weight, and pocket-ability of one handgun versus another.  While I wish I had the funds to own them all, the sad truth is that I have to pick and choose what I purchase just like everyone else.  I also realize that running this blog implies a small amount of experience/expertise with pocket pistols so it's long overdue that I share my go-to source for comparison questions like these.

I don't know if the creator/owner of this chart is named Bob O. or Bobo so I apologize in advance for that.  Generally referred to as Bobo's Pocket Auto Comparison Chart around the internet, the chart has become a valuable resource for prospective buyers who wish to compare the relative sizes of different handguns before they head out to make the hands-on buying decision.  You can view the chart through the following link.  Bobo's Pocket Auto Comparison Chart

I certainly appreciate the work that goes into keeping this chart up to date.  If I had unlimited funds, this would be my shopping list.  It's frequently updated, and has all the latest and greatest pocket handguns represented.  You should check it out.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Bruce,

    Thanks for posting about my chart. I check out your blog every day to see what's new. I really appreciate your ammo testing.

    Bob O. (aka Bobo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in Bob. I really appreciate the work you put into the chart. I've been reading it since the mouseguns.com days.

      Delete
  2. List is a couple years outdated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it shows it was last updated in February 2014. Just curious why you think it's outdated. I see the Beretta Pico, Glock 42, and laser-less S&W Bodyguard are all on the chart. All three of those have come out in the last 12 months. What's missing?

      Delete
  3. Search for "pocket auto comparison chart" for the current .pdf file on Google Docs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. curious why the g42 & g43 aren't included on the comparison?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check the latest version of the comparison by following the link in the article. The G42 is now included, but the G43 won't be added. The G43 exceeds the 6 inch maximum length requirement for inclusion in the list.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the information. It has been useful in my spreadsheet. Please add the Walther PPS M2 & Honorguard. I do wish it was expanded to cover the next group of guns from the G43 to the Compacts (ie; FN 9c, Ruger SRC9c, S&W Shield, S&W M&P9c, etc..). I find that the barrel be a bit longer is not as much a factor as the grip height & width. The additional information would highlight the advantages of the smaller guns, as well what it takes for a larger gun when considering concealment.

    Either way, Thanks again for the info,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps Bob O. will consider your request and revise his chart with your requested information.

      Delete